This page provides an overview of mental health resources and services, with a focus on British Columbia. It is not an exhaustive list. CMHA BC Division is not responsible for the content of external resources.

Crisis Support

Call 911 or go to your local emergency room.

If you are in crisis and/or distress and require an immediate response, call the Crisis Line at 310-6789 (do not enter 604, 778 or 250 area codes). This free service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with no wait or busy signal. This network links crisis lines across the province to provide mental health information and support to the people of BC. For more information,

If you feel like ending your life, or you are worried about someone else, call the Crisis Centre’s BC-wide Distress Line at 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433).

Mental health information and services in BC

This list is an introduction to some of the mental health and related services and resources in BC. Connect with them to find something that works for you. Remember, you are not alone.

General information

  • Canadian Mental Health Association, BC Division
    CMHA BC Division promotes the mental health of British Columbians and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental health concerns. We do this through public education, services, community-based research and advocacy.
  • HereToHelp
    A project of the BC Partners for Mental Health and Addictions Information, a group of seven leading mental health and substance use nonprofit agencies, of which CMHA BC Division is a member.
  • BC211
    The Red Book Online: Community, social and government services in the Lower Mainland or call 211
  • BC Health Authorities
    Your health authority can connect you with services in your community
  • BC Mental Health & Addiction Services
  • Health Link BC
    Provides information about health authority services, including mental health and addictions services. Includes detailed information and program listings for a wide range of health issues. By dialing 811, you can speak to a registered nurse, pharmacist or dietitian.


Anxiety Disorders

Child and Youth

Eating Disorders

Mood Disorders

  • Mood Disorders Association of British Columbia (MDA)


Mental health information and services in Canada

For more information on mental health resources in your community, contact:

Mental health resources in other languages

© 2016 Living Life to the Full. All rights reserved.